MixTulipStar: automated sorting and colour bunching of tulips
The MixTulipStar concept has more than proven itself as a machine by means of which the production of tulips is neatly sorted and bunched every day by means of advanced X-Ray technology. At full capacity, the machine processes 18,000 to 28,000 tulips per hour (single or double placement). With the LED indication on the panels, it is possible to make 2 to 10 colours per bunch. The speed is adapted to the required labour, making it highly profitable for bouquet and export companies.
The strength of the machine is that high quality technologies are being used. This, in combination with its simplicity, allows the machine to do its work for 16 hours per day without any failures or interruptions. The simplicity of the MixTulipStar also leads to a competitive price. Maintenance costs are low and predictable. The required X-ray technology for recognising the tulip heads between the leaves requires a few complex parts. The probability that these parts fail, however, is very low, because of the X-ray camera that we developed ourselves.
The tulip takes centre stage
The bunch is assembled directly on the bunching belt by means of the LED indication on the belt and the leaves are continually held stretched by means of an air stream when the stems are brought together in the bunch. In addition to its role as a bunching machine, the MixTulipStar has also proven itself as a sorting machine. The tulips are sorted on the basis of length and/or weight. It is also possible to remove the tulips that are too ripe. The MixTulipStar can also be made with up to 10 placement points.
- Machine speed: single placement is 18,000 maximum 28,000 matt stems per hour and double placement is 28,000 stems per hour.
- Sorting and rejection criteria: length, weight, curve and ripeness
- Number of stems per bunch: in consultation
- Number of stems per panel: 1 or 2
- Binders: Havatec elastic binders
- Inspection: X-ray - optional at single stem placement, an optical ripeness measurement
- Sleeving space on the panel belt
- Machine dimensions are customer-specific